Dear Legacy Family,
Welcome Back Legacy Lynx!!
At Legacy Traditional School – Avondale, we have an amazing staff of caring educators who love children and are dedicated to accelerated teaching and learning. I am thankful for all of our Lynx families, returning and new, who have chosen us to provide an excellent education and positive learning environment for your children.
What a privilege and honor it is to be your principal – I love my Legacy Family! In my 6th year as a principal, I am having so much fun with this team of professional educators. Our school community is truly supportive and involved. I enjoy talking with invested parents at our open forum, Principals’ Café, which is held the first Thursday morning of each month. As a mother of two little Lynx, I appreciate our knowledgeable and caring teachers, who empower our children by developing their minds and self-confidence.
I am so proud of our students, parents, teachers, and support staff who have helped us earn an A-label from the Arizona Department of Education. This year’s theme, It’s Who We Are, reflects our desire to demonstrate outstanding character and work ethic in everything we do. We are motivated, focused, hard-working, respectful, responsible, caring, trustworthy, fair and good citizens of the West Valley!
Our School Excellence Team (SET) has outlined several goals for our school to focus on:
- Develop a deep understanding of our school mission and vision and our individual roles to
- Improve the consistency, accuracy, timeliness, and accessibility of information.
- Increase parental volunteerism on campus from 4000 hours (last year’s total) to 5000 total
hours by May 16th, 2014.
- Provide updated educational technology from 14 (current) to 31 out of 31 classrooms by
May 16th, 2014.
- Maintain our A-label by increasing our overall percent passing the AIMS Reading and
Math exams from 84% to 89%.
I have utmost confidence that we will accomplish these goals and that our Legacy Lynx will continue to surpass our expectations… It’s Who We Are!
Kristen M. Smith, M.Ed.